The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual w/ Smart Controller features a three-axis gimbal stabilized camera housing a side-by-side 4K sensor for capturing visible light and a FLIR imaging sensor for capturing thermal data. Together these sensors allow pilots to perform flights at night, as well as fly in complex daytime conditions like fog and smoke.
Users can select from multiple intelligent display modes in the DJI Pilot flight control app to visualize data from the dual-sensor camera:
- FLIR MSX – A new feature that combines data from the visual and thermal cameras in real time toenhance visual details, helping pilots quickly identify and interpret critical data that may not be immediately visible to the naked eye.
- Spot Meter – Displays the average temperature of an object, helping pilots monitor and measure critical or hazardous objects while maintaining a safe distance.
- Area Measurement – Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature, as well as the corresponding locations of each area, allowing inspectors to quickly assess objects and determine if an asset may be overheating.
- Isotherm – Allows pilots to designate specific temperature ranges to be displayed using a custom color palette so objects within the range relay higher contrast and better visibility. This feature includes custom profiles to aid search and rescue pilots in identifying people and to help firefighters identify hot spots in fires, as well as a custom profile setting for added flexibility.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is compatible with the full line of Mavic 2 Enterprise accessories, including Spotlight, Speaker, and Beacon.
Built upon the Mavic 2 flight platform, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with Smart Controller from DJI is an advanced, enterprise-level drone solution for demanding applications. With the addition of a FLIR thermal imaging sensor, the Enterprise Dual can provide even greater capabilities during the night and in challenging daytime conditions. Whether you need an eye in the sky for search and rescue, policing and firefighting support, or for inspections of vital infrastructure, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is designed to be a compact solution that’s easily deployable. To help with these tasks, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features a top extended port for mounting helpful modular accessories. You also get 24GB of onboard storage to capture all the vital data you need when in the field.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features a 24mm camera with a 1/2.3″ 12MP sensor and FLIR thermal imaging sensor. Together they can capture up to UHD 4K resolution video at 30 fps, or thermal imaging images and temperature data. The low-drag aerodynamic body design can achieve speeds up to 44.7 mph, and the four-cell LiPo battery provides up to 31 minutes of flight time. The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual also supports the same OcuSync 2.0 video transmission system.
OcuSync 2.0 video transmission technology is engineered to provide a stable feed from up to 5 miles away in Full HD 1080p quality, letting you deal with situations in real time without having to be in harm’s way. The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual also features omnidirectional obstacle sensing and avoidance that can be crucial when navigating around sensitive equipment or in rapidly changing emergency scenarios. While navigating the ground, DJI AirSense is included to help avoid hazards in the air. These and a myriad of other features help make for a dependable aerial solution to extend your data-gathering capabilities.
FLIR Thermal Sensor
DJI Smart Controller
The Smart Controller has been engineered and designed to drastically improve your piloting experience and your ability to quickly connect your work with the world. With the Smart Controller, you can experience the joy of flying via a built-in 5.5″ screen that displays your gimbal’s footage and flight data in Full HD 1080p60 resolution. It’s also designed to be extremely viewable, even in direct sunlight, with 1000 cd/m² of brightness.
DJI’s OcuSync 2.0 technology helps keep that crisp and clear HD video feed stable at up to five miles by having the ability to autoswitch between 2.4 and 5.8 GHz signals. And you don’t have to wait to share the great footage with everyone online. The Smart Controller is designed to get your content out there quickly with SkyTalk and DJI Go Share. With these features and more, the Smart Controller is meant to elevate your flying experience, give you the tools to fly in more locations, and connect with more people around the world.
Modular Accessory Port with Accessories
As if having a fast-moving, 4K-recording aerial assistant wasn’t helpful enough, the Mavic 2 Enterprise expands your ability to help people in need with the inclusion of three modular accessories. These accessories are designed to mount securely to the top of the Mavic 2 Enterprise’s extended port. During critical missions in the field, you can use the following:
- M2E Spotlight: Dual lamps help to spotlight and illuminate the area, helping both the people who need to leave an area and the first responders rushing in to help.
- M2E Speaker: A loudspeaker that lets you communicate with people on the scene. You can speak in real time with your voice, or you can use pre-recorded messages in the DJI Pilot app. The loudspeaker can project audio at 100 dB. The 100 dB audio intensity has a range of 3.3′. General communication can vary from 66′ to 131′, but specific distances will vary based on ambient noise.
- M2E Beacon: This flashing beacon makes it easier for other pilots and personnel to spot the Mavic 2 Enterprise from a distance during night missions.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
To keep your Mavic 2 Enterprise safe and your footage pristine, DJI has covered all sides of the Mavic 2 with obstacle sensors. The array is comprised of eight high-resolution vision and two infrared sensors, and can detect the following:
- Forward Sensor: Measurement range of 1.6 to 65.6′, and a detectable range of 65.6 to 131.2′. The Mavic 2 is designed to safely stop when obstacles are detected while flying at up to 31.3 mph.
- Downward Sensor: Measurement range of 1.6 to 36.1′ and a detectable range of 36.1 to 72.2′.
- Left and Right Sensors: Measurement range of 1.6 to 32.8′, with a horizontal/vertical FOV of 80°/65°. The Mavic 2 is designed to safely stop when obstacles are detected while flying at up to 17.9 mph.
- Backward Sensor: Measurement range of 1.6 to 52.5′ and a detectable range of 52.5 to 105′. The Mavic 2 has a horizontal/vertical FOV of 60°/77°, and it is designed to safely stop when obstacles are detected while flying at up to 27 mph.
- Upward Sensor: Measurement range of 0.3 to 26.2′.
OcuSync 2.0 Video Transmission
DJI Pilot and FlightHub Apps
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual supports both DJI Pilot, which is a robust app that gives you full control over the drone’s features, and DJI FlightHub, an app that lets you manage operations for the drone and the rest of your aerial fleet. With the addition of the FLIR thermal imaging sensor, the Enterprise Dual enables the following additional display modes within the DJI Pilot app:
- FLIR MSX: Combines data from both sensors in real time. This is designed to help enhance visual details and let pilots identify critical information that may have otherwise been invisible to the naked eye.
- Spot Meter: Shows the average temperature of an object. This is designed to help better locate hard-to-find targets, or stay clear of potentially hazardous substances.
- Area Measurement: Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperatures in an area and their corresponding locations. This is designed to help inspectors and other professionals on the ground to better assess their surroundings, and then quickly identify problem objects.
- Isotherm: This allows pilots to search for specific temperature ranges using a custom color palette, and gives you the option of creating custom profiles. The ability has the potential of helping groups, such as firefighters, to find hot spots or locate individuals for rescue.